activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week
Date Wed, 16 May 2018 15:53:19 GMT
On 05/16/2018 11:09 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I just tagged as 2.6.0... It's uploading...
>
> I will cleanup JIRA tonight / tomorrow.. should send the voting thread
> soon (tonight or tomorrow)

This seems a bit backwards to me.  I'd think in the future it'd be nice
to send some notice before you spin the release to give folks some
warning.  The title of this thread still references a 2.5.1 release in a
week which are both incorrect so anyone watching for it might miss the
notice and anyone working on last minute fixes or whatnot gets no notice.

It'd probably be a good idea to do the JIRA cleanup prior to all this as
a way to better gauge where things stand before pulling the trigger and
also give people some better insight into what is in the release when
the vote thread appears.

It probably wouldn't be as big a deal if releases were happening on a
more frequent basis but given the long delay I'd say some warning next
time would probably be the courteous thing to do.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121