activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Webconsole deprecation
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 16:52:00 GMT
> What changed since last opening this question?

My understanding (based on Chris' email) is that nothing has changed since
the last discussion, and that is precisely the problem.

> What problems are being solved by removing it?

I believe Chris is proposing that it be deprecated and disabled by default
rather than removed. The problem solved by this is ostensibly that users
would understand it is no longer maintained (i.e. de facto truth) and that
there are risks associated with enabling it.

> How will the important functions provided by the WebConsole be provided
to end-users?

Wouldn't users who want the functions provided by the web console could
still have them by enabling it (assuming they're willing to take the
associated risks)?

Justin