activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Arthur Naseef <...@amlinv.com>
Subject Re: Webconsole deprecation
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 16:40:05 GMT
The ActiveMQ WebConsole fills a very important role in the solution.

So here are the questions coming to mind when reading the request for
deprecation:

   1. What changed since last opening this question?
   2. What problems are being solved by removing it?
   3. How will the important functions provided by the WebConsole be
   provided to end-users?

Here are some of the important functions:

   - Quick view of broker status after initial installation of broker,
   helpful for new installations and for those learning to use the broker for
   the first time.
      - Greatly reduces time to get started using the broker effectively
   - Zero configuration, out-of-the-box Management Console
   - Access to critical broker details, including:
      - memory and store usage
      - listing of queues and topics
      - viewing connections to the broker
      - viewing NOB connections
   - Handy test utilities
      - Browse queue contents
      - Send messages
   - Easy to instruct users on it's use to obtain important details when
   providing remote support

It would be great to have a meaningful discussion that moves us forward.
Right now, this feels to me like a simple re-hash of the old discussion.

Art