activemq-dev mailing list archives

From jgenender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Webconsole deprecation
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 19:09:30 GMT
clebertsuconic wrote
> I did not mean to be harsh.. I just tried to make a straight point.
> either fix it or deprecate it.. discussions won't solve it!

It will solve it... because people will step up, or they won't, which means,
yes, the discussions will ultimately find a path to resolution.  This is the
Apache Way.

If we simply deprecated stuff just because something isn't loved, then I
think there are lots of ActiveMQ *and* Artemis items that would be
deprecated. :-)

So lets have a positive discussion to help resolve this.

At this point, Christopher brought up the potential deprecation for why...
we have a community member who still wants it to stay... and a committer who
would like to get issues open so he can step up and possibly make fixes (at
least from what I am reading).

That seems like a good positive discussion with potentially good results to
me.