activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.5.0
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2018 22:23:42 GMT
Hi again,

So I have managed to create an integration test that re-creates the problem.
https://github.com/michaelandrepearce/activemq-artemis/tree/NetworkHealthCheckIssue

Essentially when NetworkHealthCheck detects network failure issue, the server is stopped,
once the network issue is resolved, it obviously detects this and restart the server again.

If prior to the network issue, a change validly is made (as we support reloading these sections)
to broker.xml is made for address-settings, security-settings, address’s or queue’s these
are lost when the server is restarted, when the above occurs.

During the initialization stage it seems the broker is resetting it configured state back
to the config that was very first loaded, not the config that was last/most recently reloaded.

This in my view is a blocker as essentially broker is losing changed configured state and
can cause obvious issues, when intermittent network issues occur, which in any system is likely
at some point, either in disaster or network maintenance.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone

> On 14 Mar 2018, at 21:02, Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pearce@me.com> wrote:
>
> We’ve spotted a nasty issue, I’m trying to put an integration test together to have
recreatable the problem, but taking me some time.