activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Arthur Naseef <>
Subject Re: Distribution of messages among multiple subscribers of a queue in activemq
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:19:42 GMT
JMS queues automatically load share across consumers.  Make sure to set
prefetch size to 1 to get the level of fairness in distribution that you'll
want for this use-case.

For the chat portion, have you looked at a chat-based solution?  The
messaging for chat is a specific pattern - point-to-point connections, with
sessions, between a mix of endpoints that are fairly-fixed (the support
representatives) and constantly-changing (support end-users).  There are
solutions that do that part well.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:21 AM, Donnieclark <>