activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.4.0
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 21:21:46 GMT
On 11/01/2017 02:53 AM, Justin Bertram wrote:
> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.4.0 release.
>
> We had these new features and improvements added as part of 2.4.0:
>
> [ARTEMIS-534] - Allow JMX configuration from broker.xml
> [ARTEMIS-1447] - JDBC NodeManager to support JDBC HA Shared Store
> [ARTEMIS-1428] - Allow configuration of max frame payload length for STOMP
> web-socket
> [ARTEMIS-1463] - Implement rbac of management objects
>
> The release notes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12341540&projectId=12315920
>
> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapacheactivemq-1153/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.4.0/
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1153
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/hacking-
> guide/validating-releases.html
>
> The source tag:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.
> git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.4.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my +1
>

> Justin

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* checked for license and notice files in the archives
* Created new broker instance from the binary package and ran it, check
that web console worked
* Ran some Qpid JMS client examples against the running broker
* Built from source and ran some of the tests including the AMQP tests
in the integration suite.
* Checked using mvn apache-rat:check that no missing license headers
were found.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121