activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for another ASF board report
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2017 15:09:09 GMT
Hi Dan,

Thank you for providing this info. The URL to the mailing list discussion
is especially helpful.

The reason I am asking about this topic is due to the past issues that
arose around the use of the Hawt.io management console without seeking
consensus before making the changes (I cannot recall all the details off
the top of my head). I see that the Hawt.io console is being used for
Artemis, but it appears to have been achieved in a more transparent manner
via mailing list discussions and pull requests. Does all of the source code
for the management console exist in the git repo as part of the ActiveMQ
Artemis project?

Bruce

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> > On Oct 18, 2017, at 2:04 PM, Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > There was a comment regarding Artemis added to the board report that
> > mentioned the following:
> >
> > 'An embedded web management console was added'
> >
> > What embedded web management console is this? Was it built from the
> ground
> > up or was it adopted from something else?
>
> It uses hawt.io as a framework, but there were extensive requirements set
> forth that we able to be met with the newer setup.   See the summary at:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ea23d51f254690a905caf064cbd116
> 10773dc3dc9015c10319b7d826@%3Cdev.activemq.apache.org%3E
>
> And the links in that email.   Basically, all the hawt.io branding is
> removed and replaced with ActiveMQ branding, all of stuff not related to
> ActiveMQ is removed/hidden, and all of the ActiveMQ/Artemis functionally is
> provided by plugins created and maintained here at Apache.
>

> Dan
>

> > Bruce
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Thank you for taking the time, Robbie.
> >>
> >> Bruce
> >>
> >> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Robbie Gemmell <
> robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>

> >> --
> >> perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&
> >> 5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'
> >>
> >> ActiveMQ in Action: http://bit.ly/2je6cQ
> >> Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>
> >> Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder
> >>

> > --