activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka ServiceConnector
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 16:42:26 GMT
The related PR is https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/pull/1607
for anyone not following along thus far, or later reference.

My main view there was that such an extension would be better
maintained seperate from the main broker repository+distribution for a
variety of reasons. After that I didn't have a strong view on where it
lives, but I would say that I don't actually see any issue at all with
it being outwith the ActiveMQ project. To me thats just a key thing
enabled by such plugin points existing, and not uncommon with other
projects/components.

Robbie

On 26 October 2017 at 16:46, Michael André Pearce
<michael.andre.pearce@me.com> wrote:
> As noted on the PR part of the PR discussion is should Service Connectors exist with
the broker code.

> Service Connectors / Extensions are ActiveMQ Artemis specific.
>
> I think having them within the project space is good so we can grow an eco system of
some,  people can just use will aid in having better broker adoption as tools people look
for would be available if contributed.

> As stated above it seems the general consensus on the PR is though liked is the broker
code base best for them to live?

> If we don’t wish them to exist with broker code so they can have their own release
cycle, and don’t murky the water of the broker, I would like to discuss if we could make
a sub project for these to live, and possibly propose a sub project be setup called “ActiveMQ
Artemis Integrations” ?

> If setup I would also propose maybe moving the spring integration there also.
>
> Cheers
> Mike
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 6 Oct 2017, at 12:20, Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pearce@me.com>
wrote:

>> Yes and no, it would be same as arguing that core bridge between artemis clusters
could also be separated components.