activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kafka ServiceConnector
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2017 15:09:02 GMT
In my opinion integrations like this are best kept outside the broker.  If
they use the service connector hooks then there won't be any performance
impact whether or not they are in the broker code-base.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the comparison made between this
integration and the core bridge.  The core bridge is a necessary bit of
functionality to enable clustering.  Clustering is a core broker feature.
Integration with Kafka (while nice) is not a core broker feature.

As long as they aren't in the Artemis code-base then I don't think it's a
big deal where the integrations live as long as there some up-to-date
documentation about where to find them.

Justin