activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: Kafka ServiceConnector
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2017 10:16:00 GMT
Hi Andy,

As you may be aware or not we run both activemq and kafka each has a specific plus point to
it, use the right tool for the right job.

We use activemq as our feature rich, fully jms compliant and performant broker.

And use kafka more for post processing and data streaming, with historical feed also.

Idea here is that producers and consumers bind into our activemq where jms api is wanted or
needed, lower per message latencies etc. but then we can bridge messages from a core queue
into kafka so that the data can flow to it as fast as possible and consumed from there also.

Idea is to try make a hybrid taking best of both.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone