activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Bi-directional Bridge
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 22:39:10 GMT
Hi All,

We are looking at having two clusters in two countries where we need to bridge a queue named
the same, from cluster a to cluster b and vice versa. Essentially achieving a bi directional
eventual replicated cluster.

In kafka we are able to achieve this using a mirror maker - very akin to a bridge. And a custom
handler which adds a header so that we can filter on this header to avoid a cycle in replication.

In artemis the custom handler equivalent seems to be the transformer, happy days :) and we
have a configurable filter already too :)

The only small bit missing is being able to pass in custom config to the transformer so we
can configure the transformer differently in each cluster.

I was thinking about extending the bridge config to have a sub section of config that is un-schema'd
that gets passed into the transformer on creation.

Anyone any other ideas either this feature already exists or a better way to think about implementing
this within artemis?

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone