activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to SYNC messages in Cluster without using persistence on the message broker
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:32:46 GMT
> Please let me know if this can be achieved through Artemis.

In Artemis the only data replicated between a live and a backup is
persistent data.  You can't have one without the other.

That said, I'm not sure what benefit you'd receive by replicating
non-persistent data.  Firstly, non-persistent data is, by definition,
volatile (i.e. will not survive a crash).  Second, the non-blocking design
of Artemis means that the data is sent to the disk and to the network
concurrently.  I highly doubt the network will be faster than local disk
which means you'll be getting a copy persisted to disk essentially for
"free" from a performance perspective.  What's your use-case that you'd
want non-persistent data to be replicated?

Justin