activemq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Daniel Kulp <>
Subject Re: [GitHub] activemq-artemis issue #1385: ARTEMIS-1270 Management Console - Hawtio Solut...
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2017 16:21:11 GMT

> On Jul 6, 2017, at 10:15 AM, Clebert Suconic <> wrote:
> It seems that this is almost ready.. if we fix logging it could be merged...
> It would be awesome if we could have the next release with this
> already... even if we delay another week.
> @Dan: WDYT?

Well, there are basically 4 “types” of things that need to be taken care of:

1) Branding/skinning/packaging : this is what my lists have been concentrating on.  Things
are certainly looking better there.   I just did a build and things look much better.  I’m
“slightly” concerned about the downgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.5.0 which I’m assuming is due
to the flight recorder stuff.   Certainly OK for now, but longer term I think we’d like
a better option so that we can get whatever security fixes are needed in future versions.
   There are some additional options to trim the war even further such as an overlay config


2) Actual capabilities :  I haven’t looked at this at all.   Art had a list of things he
expected to be able to manage based on the capabilities of the 5.x console.   I’m not sure
if his list is completely covered by the new plugin or not as I haven’t looked at this aspect.

3) Integration : there are gaps here related to logging, security, user/roles, etc… For
testing, we’re currently bypassing all of this.

4) Legal : There are MAJOR updates needed for the License/Notice files.   It’s a shame that
the folks aren’t doing this properly and meeting the legal requirements of the licenses
of everything they are including.  Just means we’re going to have to do it.   This is the
big thing as I have no idea how long this will take.   For every file in the war (and every
file within the jars within the war), we need to check it’s license status and figure out
what needs to be added to the license and notice files.   That’s not trivial.    With the
above excludes, large chunks of things go away (the bootstrap/docs for example are CC-BY which
has notice requirements) so there is less work to do, but there are still a bunch of things
in there.

Because 4 is a big “unknown” and I have no idea on 2, I really wouldn’t hold up the
current releases for it.    In addition, since this is a “big change”, I’d certainly
want to make sure the rest of the community that hasn’t looked at it gets a good chance
to do so prior to a release.   Gut feeling is that this is much more than a “3-4 day delay”.

Daniel Kulp -
Talend Community Coder -

View raw message