activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Custom Object Serialisation Support
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 19:15:36 GMT
On 06/02/2017 01:26 PM, Michael André Pearce wrote:
> That makes sense to me I agree on that.
>
> Do you think it's better to have tools that present jms api like pooled connection factory
and this, sitting in artemis as extensions or in camel project?

Since it seems you are making something that's not a camel component
then I doubt it would be accepted at Camel.

As for putting something into Artemis then some questions to ask would be:

1. If it is generic then does it make sense to tie it to Artemis where
the perception would be that it is not.
2. Would you prefer to tie the release cycle of said project to the
Artemis release cycle or would it be better to live on its own where
quick bug fix releases could happen outside the normal broker release
process.

I'd asked the same questions if moving the JMS Pool from ActiveMQ 5.x to
Artemis was proposed, just to clarify that I'm not trying to be unfair.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 2 Jun 2017, at 18:20, Timothy Bish <tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 06/02/2017 01:16 PM, Michael André Pearce wrote:
>>> Yeas but we just want a JMS Api wrapper that exposes again JMS api, here.
>> My point being, don't call it camel-x as it isn't camel and would cause confusion.
 Calling it camel-jms-wrapper leads one to believe you've wrapped camel-jms (which is a JMS
wrapper) with a wrapper making it more JMS'y?

>>> Sent from my iPhone

camel-jms, or if you don't want any spring deps then camel-sjms

 Michael, I