activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Monitoring
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 20:08:24 GMT
We use Appdynamics but aware how NewRelic works as we evaluated it a few years back and they're
fairly similar. (Direct competitions)

You should find that if using JMS api that the point cuts (byte weaving) the Java agent does
when you add it to your client apps will automatically pick up on you client side putting
the necessary data in the jms headers on send and tracing it on consume allowing the stitching
of end to end transactions without any work. It does for appdynamics.

If you wish to pick up broker metrics as noted by Justin NewRelic will be able to pull out
the JMX metrics you will need to make dashboards though as I don't believe there's a pre built
one as of yet, though you should easily be able to wild card the jmx paths to get queue and
address stats.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone