activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Custom Object Serialisation Support
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 19:23:57 GMT
I honestly don't see an issue on making the write and readObject a
pluggable operation. It's a simple change on the API at
ActiveMQConnectionFactory.

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Michael André Pearce
<michael.andre.pearce@me.com> wrote:
> This is why the proposal is for a pluggable interface to declared to convert from Object
to byte[] and back not saying one moment Artemis owns or has all the implementations.

> Anyhow your points are taken on board, we def need to agree on a well defined and clean
api, to avoid exactly that situation.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 1 Jun 2017, at 17:59, Timothy Bish <tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 06/01/2017 12:49 PM, Michael André Pearce wrote:
>>> Not at all that's the point
>>>
>>> Application code uses JMS Api. The serdes are just defined/declared into the
connection factory typically the only part of the app exposed to any particulars about the
broker implementation detail.

>>> Yes we can do converter.convert(object) in code, this is just manual code in
the app space.

>>>  but like with kafka and I have to stress it's successfulness is that that converter
is in it's api of the product. Which means a lot of companies reuse a few single implementations
and a good eco system occurs like with schema registry (Eg we use confluents serdes we don't
code out own)

>> Which is exactly what camel can solve and without starting down the slippery slop
of packing the same data format conversions Camel can already handle into the Artemis code
base as will happen as each user wants their own preferred data format.

>> Similar things were tried in the ActiveMQ 5.x code and abandoned over time so I'd
like to avoid that if possible.

>> Anyway, I've raised my objection.
>>

>>> Sent from my iPhone

Camel's dsl, it does JMS as much as our custom app code would it consumes the JMS api.
in you application which means the difference between some connection.setSerializationThing()
vs producer.send(Converter.convert(payload)); so I don't see how that is a real value add
to the JMS client.

ObjectMessage internal serialisation. If Java serialisation isn't your cup of tea. (Which
for many reasons isn't for us, and I'm sure it's similar for others)

the Object. As we have C++ clients etc that obviously won't be able to understand Java serialized
object.

it's been a real performance boost , and removed some core data issues, and really like to
use it over the JMS land.

the data manually first and then just manually send a BytesMessage.

serdes pattern is done has really helped (Kafka), from a corporation user approach wiring
some prebuilt serdes into a factory is very easy, having duplicated code in many many apps
leaves for issues, and implementation divergence.

big sell of artemis as it's JMS compliant. Coding against JMS api for Java estate is a huge
win, this is suggesting taking some of the good bits :).

it was much more an EAI solution.

<tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
now is just to serialize
level and just use JMS
idea here to remove that
into the client via these
serizliation logic out of

it seems like a good idea to

frameworks like Apache Camel,
solving a problem that's
and configurable ways.

their objects are

for having
 Converting

JMS message type and
 So, if Camel is

case you want to go for,

because they're supported well
read a java serialised object,
an XSD which by default aren't
Serializable to the object, as

If so:

that generate objects for
do support a way to toggle or
use cases.

be to add something like the

from a jsonschema using for say
in the maven plugin

Pojo's then it's a case of simply

Pearce <

jms api. Typically if using jms
object is the connection factory

Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
Michael André Pearce <

wrote:

> [...]
object message to be serializable.
could be an extra message this

Nodine <timgnodine@gmail.com>

the underlying class to be Serializable?
serialization to classes that aren't

wrote:

> [...]
implementation just to simulate the idea.

pseudo impl, nor doesn’t include

map/change type to a byte message for
type idea.