activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Mesnil <jmes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Usage of Artemis threads
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:49:28 GMT
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Clebert Suconic
<clebert.suconic@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * some org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.remoting.impl.invm.InVMConnector
>> => what's their use?
>
> does this answer this? or you're looking for something beyond of that?

Something a bit beyond that.
At first glance, these threads are use to write (and flush) data sent
by the InVM connection.

>> * some ActiveMQ-remoting-threads-ActiveMQServerImpl::serverUUID=xxxxx
>> => what's their use?
>

> The general pool on the server's... similar code from the previous...

Are you sure? these threads are created by the RemotingService's
thread factory (when the RemotingServiceImpl is started).

They are passed to the AcceptorFactory's createAcceptor method.
Netty implementation does not use it.
InVM implementation does use it.

If I look at https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/b50ae5a916e613ef43a86b8b995b84dc9a069a82/artemis-server/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/artemis/core/remoting/impl/invm/InVMConnector.java#L183-L185,
I see that the
The Connection uses the acceptor's thread pool as its server executor
and the InVMConnector's thread pool as its client executor.
Is that correct?

to sum up, it seems to me that ActiveMQ-remoting-threads are threads
used by in-vm acceptor and
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.remoting.impl.invm.InVMConnector by
in-vm connector. i.e. they are thread pools for resp. in-vm server and
client execution.

> I thought those method facilities.. serviceRegistry and the general
> pool were being used by the integration at Wildfly.

I have a long-standing task to do it (and some work in a branch about
that) but it's not in WildFly master branch yet.

thanks for the info clebert, if you can confirm my explanation above,
I'll have all the info I need.

jeff

--
Jeff Mesnil