activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Mesnil <jmes...@gmail.com>
Subject Usage of Artemis threads
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:53:37 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking at memory consumption and thread usage in WildFly
application server that embeds Artemis.
We want to improve the default memory consumption and thread usage in
theapp server and I am gathering info on Artemis resources.

When I'm starting the app server, there are a number of threads that
are used by Artemis.
Note that the app server has no JMS activity (no MDB or JMS Clients).

At the moment, I'm looking at the use case for each of these threads.
When I dump threads, I have:

* 1 activemq-buffer-timeout
 => used by the Journal TimedBuffer
* 1 activemq-failure-check-thread
 => used by the remoting service to check for connection failures
* 5 activemq-scheduled-threads
=> a pool of threads used for scheduled tasks (e.g. expiry)
* 3 ActiveMQ-server-org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.impl.ActivveMQServerImpl$3@xxxx
=> use for server activation, shutdown process, etc.
* some org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.remoting.impl.invm.InVMConnector
=> what's their use?
* some ActiveMQ-remoting-threads-ActiveMQServerImpl::serverUUID=xxxxx
=> what's their use?

Could you clarify the use of the last 2 ones, please?

thanks,
jeff

--
Jeff Mesnil