activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Custom Object Serialisation Support
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 15:50:47 GMT
Really this is much more about how an ObjectMessage serializes the Object. As we have C++ clients
etc that obviously won't be able to understand Java serialized object.

We use Avro and a schema repo for our dto transfer over the wire, it's been a real performance
boost , and removed some core data issues, and really like to use it over the JMS land.

One can argue that you could manually code this that you serialize the data manually first
and then just manually send a BytesMessage.

But I think taking some inspiration from other places where a serdes pattern is done has really
helped (Kafka), from a corporation user approach wiring some prebuilt serdes into a factory
is very easy, having duplicated code in many many apps leaves for issues, and implementation
divergence.

The one downside of Kafka is it's lack of spec api, this is one big sell of artemis as it's
JMS compliant. Coding against JMS api for Java estate is a huge win, this is suggesting taking
some of the good bits :).

Does camel expose this as some sort of JMS API wrapper? I thought it was much more an EAI
solution.

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone