activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Custom Object Serialisation Support
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:49:30 GMT
Not at all that's the point

Application code uses JMS Api. The serdes are just defined/declared into the connection factory
typically the only part of the app exposed to any particulars about the broker implementation
detail.

Yes we can do converter.convert(object) in code, this is just manual code in the app space.

 but like with kafka and I have to stress it's successfulness is that that converter is in
it's api of the product. Which means a lot of companies reuse a few single implementations
and a good eco system occurs like with schema registry (Eg we use confluents serdes we don't
code out own)

Sent from my iPhone

> On 1 Jun 2017, at 17:39, Timothy Bish <tabish121@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 06/01/2017 12:19 PM, Michael André Pearce wrote:
>> Agreed it does as an EAI pattern or flow, But I have to code/define into Camel's
dsl, it does JMS as much as our custom app code would it consumes the JMS api.

> So you still need to code / define the serialization then and include that in you application
which means the difference between some connection.setSerializationThing() vs producer.send(Converter.convert(payload));
so I don't see how that is a real value add to the JMS client.

>> What we propose here is just providing a clean way to define the JMS ObjectMessage
internal serialisation. If Java serialisation isn't your cup of tea. (Which for many reasons
isn't for us, and I'm sure it's similar for others)

As we have C++ clients etc that obviously won't be able to understand Java serialized object.

a real performance boost , and removed some core data issues, and really like to use it over
the JMS land.

manually first and then just manually send a BytesMessage.

is done has really helped (Kafka), from a corporation user approach wiring some prebuilt serdes
into a factory is very easy, having duplicated code in many many apps leaves for issues, and
implementation divergence.

of artemis as it's JMS compliant. Coding against JMS api for Java estate is a huge win, this
is suggesting taking some of the good bits :).

>>> Camel does JMS transport: http://camel.apache.org/sjms.html
>>> Camel does AVRO: http://camel.apache.org/avro.html

Apache Camel,

they're supported well