activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] - Propose new sub-project activemq-extras
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 13:39:41 GMT
On 06/09/2017 09:04 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> Yip. That's the idea.  The connection pool was mentioned at the top from
> Michael.
>
> I'm just thinking if we could expand the scope a bit so we won't open a new
> incubatorb project for just two libraries.

The initial scope as presented was

{quote}
Some of these could be:
PooledConnectionFactory
Proposed custom serdes idea
Possible future kafka integrations
Etc.
{quote}

Given you've got two concrete one sort of abstract and one etc it seems
there's some hints at there being more than just two libraries.  The
thing I'd prefer not to do is to create stuff that gets hidden in the
noise of the ActiveMQ project which is to create a great messaging
broker where it could be something that can stand on its own and have
its own community etc.

It seems that some actual thought about what you are trying to achieve
with these proposed bits will help sort out where they should live.  The
natural thing to do is create new ActiveMQ modules are subprojects but
just because it's easy to do that doesn't always mean its the best thing
in the long run.

> Someone could argue that a messaging integration library should live on
> Camel as the Messaging Integration project.

Someone could argue that Camel already provides quite a bit of this....