activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "roger.allen" <roger.al...@networkcentricsupport.com>
Subject RE: Apache NMS ImessageConsumer.ReceiveNoWait() not returning a message
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 17:57:05 GMT
Hi

Thanks for that. I've found the QueueBrowser call and that looks promising, though I'll do
some investigation next week into the queue itself

Thanks
Roger

From: tabish121@gmail.com [via ActiveMQ] [mailto:ml+s2283324n4727289h4@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: 09 June 2017 18:54
To: Roger Allen <roger.allen@networkcentricsupport.com>
Subject: Re: Apache NMS ImessageConsumer.ReceiveNoWait() not returning a message

On 06/09/2017 01:13 PM, roger.allen wrote:

> ...or can someone tell me how to check if there are messages in a queue
> without having to call Receive()?
>
> Roger
>

> --

The only other way to check would be to use a QueueBrowser but that is
probably overkill compared to doing a longer receive call.  If there are
messages in the queue but you aren't receiving them then you are either
subscribing to the wrong queue or there's possibly another consumer on
the queue with a large prefetch buffer set and is holding the contents
hostage.  You need to do some investigation into what's going on at the
broker end as well as on your client(s).

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121