activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Custom Object Serialisation Support
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2017 06:25:26 GMT
I think i might be getting the problem, use case you want to go for, which is to possible serialise
to JSON or XML, because they're supported well in other languages like c++, which won't read
a java serialised object, and say for XML you generate objects via an XSD which by default
aren't serialisable, so you cannot simply add Serializable to the object, as its generated
at build.

Is this the problem we need to solve? If so:

To get around this normally the tools that generate objects from schema such as XSD do support
a way to toggle or change the generation slightly for some common use cases.

In case of XSD, where using jaxb it would be to add something like the below to jaxb global
bindings:

<xs:annotation>
<xs:appinfo>
<jaxb:globalBindings generateIsSetMethod="true">
<xjc:serializable uid="12343"/>
</jaxb:globalBindings>
</xs:appinfo>
</xs:annotation>

like wise if you are generating POJO's from a jsonschema using the tool jsonschema2pojo  there
is a toggle in the maven plugin serializable which you can switch to true.

Cheers
Mike

Cheers
Mike