activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Monitoring
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 20:11:49 GMT
One note I would say is don't add the javaagent to the broker run a machine agent to capture
the jmx stats or if you do add the javaagent as it will grab gc and jvm stats do turn off
the byte weaving. It really hurts performance we found. (We aren't putting appdynamics in
our broker just the clients)

Sent from my iPhone

> On 20 Jun 2017, at 21:08, Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pearce@me.com> wrote:
>
> We use Appdynamics but aware how NewRelic works as we evaluated it a few years back and
they're fairly similar. (Direct competitions)

> You should find that if using JMS api that the point cuts (byte weaving) the Java agent
does when you add it to your client apps will automatically pick up on you client side putting
the necessary data in the jms headers on send and tracing it on consume allowing the stitching
of end to end transactions without any work. It does for appdynamics.

> If you wish to pick up broker metrics as noted by Justin NewRelic will be able to pull
out the JMX metrics you will need to make dashboards though as I don't believe there's a pre
built one as of yet, though you should easily be able to wild card the jmx paths to get queue
and address stats.