activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Custom Object Serialisation Support
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 15:47:30 GMT
@franz was something meant to come after the "like:" in your response?

@all do we have an area to detail and design out before implementing/coding features that
add or amend key apis or functionality? To aid the discussion and design processes.
Like an AMQ Improvement Proposals area?

Sent from my iPhone

> On 31 May 2017, at 13:24, Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pearce@me.com> wrote:
>
> Client side I think this is much less concern than broker side. Also serialisation to
from Java objects will create objects there's not much to be done there the nature of the
beast.

> ByteMessage at best we can put a single byte[], we could try expose the internal netty
buffer but then this gets a lot less user friendly, and out the box many serialisation tools
output to a java buffer (not netty)or byte[]

> I think the level they have in kafka which is essentially I'm proposing seems to be good
balance here and is kind of proven as it has picked up very good traction there.