activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Apache Artemis 2.1.0
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 22:25:27 GMT
I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 2.1.0 release.

I would like to highlight these following new features on this release:

-  Artemis Plugin Support
- Support Netty Native Epoll on Linux

I would like to also highlight the huge work done around improving
performance on many protocols, with many benchmarks showing better
(lower) latency and less GC pauses due to these improvements made.

There was a really extensive work on this last release, showing the
maturity level of the codebase and the contributions. AMQP has been
further enhanced even beyond 2.0.0, and I am so happy to see major
contributions like the Plugin Support recently added, and other major
contributors being active.

I am really excited about this release and proud to be involved with
open source development on this...

I would appreciate your vote and time on evaluating this release:

The release notes can be found here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12339963&styleName=Html&projectId=12315920&Create=Create

Source and binary distributions can be found here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/2.1.0/

The Maven repository is here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1133

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo:

http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.0.0/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.1.0

I will update the website after the vote.

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.0.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (binding) +1

Regards