activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Custom Object Serialisation Support
Date Tue, 30 May 2017 21:16:08 GMT
that would be a nice addition to the JMS API for sure!!! +1

We would need to get qpid-jms also implementing it.. I want to listen
from @Tim Bish on this subject what he thinks.. but it's a +1 from me.

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Michael André Pearce
<michael.andre.pearce@me.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Id like to start to discuss a way to customise object serialisation on ActiveMQ.
>
> Currently Message Object serialisation doesn’t allow any pluggability, there are many
serialisation formats organisations may want to use instead for different pros and cons.

> A good example here would be AVRO with a Schema Registry, in Kafka.
>
> What i was thinking would be to allow a way to inject a SerDes implementation into the
connection factory.

> If present then this would be used to serialise the Object instead of the default, and
subsequently create/convert to a BytesMessage, with a header set to denote it was custom serialised.
> The BytesMessage on consume, if custom serde present and header, would then be transformed
back into an ObjectMessage, else pass through as a BytesMessage.

> This way older consumers would still able to consume the message as a BytesMessage, and
like wise can map to other protocols e.g. AMQP. We would also look to promote support in the
QPID solution also. But first thought it best to get consensus here.

--
Clebert Suconic