activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Custom Object Serialisation Support
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 12:24:45 GMT
Client side I think this is much less concern than broker side. Also serialisation to from
Java objects will create objects there's not much to be done there the nature of the beast.

ByteMessage at best we can put a single byte[], we could try expose the internal netty buffer
but then this gets a lot less user friendly, and out the box many serialisation tools output
to a java buffer (not netty)or byte[]

I think the level they have in kafka which is essentially I'm proposing seems to be good balance
here and is kind of proven as it has picked up very good traction there.

Sent from my iPhone