activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael André Pearce <michael.andre.pea...@me.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Use pooled buffers on message body
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 06:56:14 GMT

Hi Clebert.

+1 from me definitely.

Agreed this def should target the server not the clients.

Having the message / buffer used my message pooled would be great, as will reduce GC pressure.

I would like to take that one step further and question if we could actually avoid copying
the buffer contents at all on passing from/to netty. The zero-copy nivana.

I know you state to have separate buffer pools. But if we could use the same memory address
we can avoid the copy, reducing latency also. This could be done by sharing the buffer and
the pool, or by using slice/duplicate retained.

Cheers
Mike