activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Smoke tests
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 00:56:51 GMT
We always had the examples on Artemis playing a double thingy... being
both an educational and documentational resource, and that has also
saved us a few times from making changes that would invalidate
configurations and the manual.

However, to replicate ARTEMIS-1089 now, I couldn't easily produce a
testcase for it.. Instead I wrote an example like code (using the same
maven framework, and everything else).. but this time it doesn't have
the purpose of documentation.

for that reason I am creating a new folder ./smoke under examples, and
I'm adding a readme.md as part of it.

I'm mainly adding this discuss thread to suggest other people to do
the same in certain cases where a testcase is hard to reproduce a
production life scenario. Testcases are still the preferable way to
replicate bugs.. but in certain cases this will help us eat our own
dog food. (it certainly helped me).

--
Clebert Suconic