activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shan...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] ARTEMIS-898 plugin support
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2017 14:28:18 GMT
Hi Everyone,

So I started to implement a framework for doing plugin support but before I
get to far I wanted to get everyone's opinion.  My working commit is here:
https://github.com/cshannon/activemq-artemis/commit/7600204355796405c9482ae8c4fe84d8fbe9b44b

My strategy I'm trying is to just have one interface that a user can
implement to add functionality. Multiple plugins can be chained together by
registering them on the ActiveMQServer.  The chaining is done by just
keeping them in a list so they will be executed in order to keep it simple.
(this is different from 5.x where it uses a delegation pattern to chain
plugins).  The approach is also a bit different than 5.x in that the core
functionality of the broker still wont' be implemented in a Broker plugin.
The plugins will just be executed before/after certain hooks in the broker.

There is still a lot of work to do and what I have is by no means complete,
methods need to be added/modified and there are no tests or anything yet
but I wanted to see what others thought about this approach before
continuing as there are multiple ways we could approach adding plugin
support.