activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Martyn Taylor <mtay...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.x stream
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 15:23:32 GMT
Hi Jiri,

Thanks for bringing this up again.

One approach to this that avoids having to add new settings or change the
default values of current config  would be to add a unit parameter to the
configuration element.  For example

<!-- 10 messages per 1 minute -->
<slow-consumer-threshold time-unit="1m">10</slow-consumer-threshold>

This is just an example, but we could standardise across all configuraiton
options by just passing in "unit".

This way users are free to express units that they are familiar with
(msg/s) for example is a typical measurement, however, it could be messages
per minute or what ever you want.

Does this sound reasonable?

Cheers