activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jiri Danek <jda...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.x stream
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 14:12:08 GMT
I somehow buried this thread, sorry...

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com
> wrote:

> you're right.. I was just trying to understand Jiri's comment, and not
> actually make an evaluation on the feature.

When I wrote the comment, I was confused about the units. I somehow thought
that both <slow-consumer-threshold> and <slow-consumer-check-period> were
meant to be in minutes, but by some mistake it got coded in seconds and
then it was not possible to change it because of backwards compatibility. I
thought that 2.0.0 release could be a good point to make it right.

In fact, I think that <slow-consumer-threshold> should be in minutes,
because if it is in seconds, the lowest message rate that it is possible to
specify is 1 msg/s. I imagine it may be too high for some users who send
very large messages or messages where processing of each takes a very long
time. Minutes as a unit would increase the range of possible values.

I'll think more about this and either start a new thread, or wait for Miro
to start it (in case he feels the need to discuss the slow consumers
feature in relation to the Jira he opened), or just leave it be.
--
Jiří Daněk
Messaging QA