activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Artemis 1.5.4 release?
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 20:20:15 GMT
I see no problem with releasing from multiple branches.

Justin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Timothy Bish" <tabish121@gmail.com>
To: dev@activemq.apache.org
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 2:14:52 PM
Subject: Re: Artemis 1.5.4 release?

On 03/06/2017 03:02 PM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> Does he need a 1.5.4? or a 2.0.0 would work?
>
> With the refactoring I just finished I think a 2.0 is eminent to go
> out soon. I had proposed the refactoring I just finished and I had
> held 2.0 before for it.. so I think it's ready to go now.
>

> I think the next to be released would be 2.0...

Projects like Camel do multiple releases without issue.  Asking someone
to jump from 1.5.x to 2.0.x is a major version bump with significant
risk, so providing a bug fix release is a nice thing to do for the
community.  If someone offers to run a release I wouldn't discourage
them from doing so.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121