activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Rework NMS.AMQP
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 15:51:47 GMT
On 03/15/2017 11:31 AM, cmorgan wrote:
> Thanks Tim, I will transition my development work to the Apache repo. The
> project is currently unstable so, once it has become (at least more) stable
> I will begin the transition.
>
> Would a pull request through the github mirror be sufficient?

Once you've sorted you CCLA / ICLA issues out I'd suggest creating a new
NMS JIRA issue covering the task, possibly as one
root issue with subtasks for various work items like cleaning out the
current code tree, updating the build system etc until you get to the
finished product.  Subtasks with targeted PRs against the github mirror
would make the review process easier than one gigantic PR.

The Artemis team has a nice hacking guide that describes the general
Github work-flow with examples of the what the commit message should
look like etc.  Always include the JIRA issue in the commit and the PR
for instance so that the tooling can link back the details and
discussion to the associated JIRA issue for later reference.

The Artemis guide is here:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.5.3/hacking-guide/index.html