activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Do we need DynamicImport-Package in actrivemq OSGi?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:57:46 GMT
I have a problem with the acticemq camel component.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6597

I think it is related to the use of DynamicImport-Package: * in activemq
osgi.

We had a similar issue before. In the former case activemq or artemis
was searching for extensions and was trying to find them by loading some
interface class using the bundles classloader. The problem is when doing
this in a bundle that has Dynamic Import it will bind to that package at
runtime. So it will be linked to the bundle offering the package which
casues problems when refreshing bundles.

In any case I found at that time that DynamicImport-Package causes big
problems. So do we really need this? What is it used for?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de