activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: What is the current status and plans for the web-console?
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 17:18:31 GMT
The reason why I thought about a hawtio plugin is that it would be mimal
effort compared to other solutions.

Some things that I like in Hawtio:

- It provides a framework for plugins. So you can have one console that
gives you access to ActiveMQ but also to other modules in your system
- It uses jolokia to access the existing JMX layer over REST. So we do
not need to create an additional REST layer for the console on the AMQ
and Artemis side
- Uses a html/javascript client (Angular). So the client side is easy to
install on any server

So if we do not write a Hawtio plugin then we should still consider to
use jolokia to avoid overhead on the server side.
I also think a framework to hook other plugins in would be great but for
just the activemq and artemis consoles it is not absolutely necessary.

So ideally I would like to have something like Hatwio at apache as a
generic base for a console where all apache projects can hook in via
plugins. Unfortunately this is a lot of effort and I am not sure if we
find enough manpower to do it.  It would also be a project on its own
and should not be done at activemq.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider