activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the current status and plans for the web-console?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:52:21 GMT
On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Christian Schneider
<chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
> I have read the old threads about the web console.
>
> If I understood correctly then we would like to get rid of the current
> activemq web console but need a replacement. There is hawt.io which
> functionally would work but which is not compatible from a community
> standpoint.

My understand was: as long as it looked like an apache console, and
not a commercial product belonging to any company it would be ok.

Hawt.io 2 (or whatever newer version that is) would allow that.

> The end of the thread was that we wanted to start a web console in a new
> repo. It seems nothing has happened since then.
> What I could imagine is to follow a similar path as hawt.io and use a
> javascript framework for the UI that uses http and jolokia to access the jmx
> layer of the broker.
>
> So is anyone interested in pursuing this? I can help with this but would not
> want to start it as a one man show.

I'm talking about myself only here. I was interested on making this
happening, but I got with this refactoring I'm doing on encoding, so I
won't be able to come into this for some time. But I would at least
keep an eye on the development until I get more busy on it.

Now I believe this is a cool subject, and I'm sure there would be
others interested. Making it a separate repo would make it possible to
be compatible with AMQ5 as well as Artemis.