activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Martyn Taylor <mtay...@redhat.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.x stream
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:18:11 GMT
All,

As discussed in a previous thread [1] Artemis master has had a major bump
(due to major model refactor).

The great news is that the new model is more flexible and lends itself well
to 5.x features like Virtual Topics as well as being consistent across all
protocols.  The not so good news is that this work required API breakages,
hence the major version bump.).  This refactor work (mostly around the
addressing scheme [2]) is now completed.

The code base is now in a stable state, and as such, I'd like to start
thinking about doing a release off of master as an Apache Artemis 2.0.0 to
get the new changes into the hands of users.

I'd like to open discussion around this topic, does anyone have any
suggestions, or can think of anything that is needed before we go ahead
with a major release? This is the perfect time to do anything that could
break APIs, drop deprecated methods support, break data format etc...

Cheers
Martyn

[1]
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Artemis-addressing-improvements-JMS-component-removal-and-potential-2-0-0-td4719262.html