activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Martyn Taylor <mtay...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: What is the current status and plans for the web-console?
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 16:05:28 GMT
Thanks for restoring this discussion.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What about start doing it right after Artemis 2.0.0 is out? Aim it to
> 2.1.0 (on Artemis, being compatible with AMQ5 (still a question mark
> on how to do it.. but I"m taking this is a requirement)).
>

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Christopher Shannon
> <christopher.l.shannon@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes there seemed to be some consensus to build a plugin hosted here at
> > Apache or to build a new console altogether to support 5.x and Artemis.
> > And we would keep the existing console until then.

Yes!

The console is something I am really passionate about.  In my opinion user
experience is the number one priority and the lack of any form of console
in Artemis is just a disaster.  We're really missing a trick here as I
think we could build something fantastic for both ActiveMQ 5.x and Artemis.

> > However, the hold up has always been finding people who have time to work
> > on it and want to work on it.  If someone wants to create a repo and
> start
> > working on it that would probably help to get others involved.

I'm more than happy to take this on and get a repository created and put a
basic framework in place.  This should get the ball rolling.