activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do we need DynamicImport-Package in actrivemq OSGi?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:54:44 GMT
my understanding is that it is related to embedding a broker and using
something like the jdbc store that uses a third party driver. The required
package import cannot be known in-advance.
Another scenario would be a custom broker plugin.
In essence, because there are extension points exposed by the broker that
are not osgi services or do not play by the osgi rules.

It is a tradeoff between limiting what is possible with activemq in osgi or
leaving it open to this sort of problem but allowing existing extensions to
work.
With dynamic-import * removed, the embedded broker becomes constrained.