activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Duane Pauls <duane.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Rework NMS.AMQP
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 22:25:46 GMT
In parallel with getting this proposal ready, we went ahead and created a
github repo to get started:
https://github.com/SolaceLabs/nms-amqp

It's basically empty, but work has just kicked off in a fork:
https://github.com/cjwmorgan-sol-sys/nms-amqp/

As this proposal would indicate, our intent is to migrate this to Apache.
Would the community prefer we continue to work outside of the main Apache
codebase until it is at least equal in functionality to the existing
NMS.AMQP codebase?  Or would it be preferred that we submit PR's or patches
as we go?  If we patch/PR as we go, I'd expect we keep it off on a branch
until it is close to being ready for public consumption.  I don't think we
need to be in a hurry to clobber what's there until we have something
useful.

Note if the NMS migration to git moves forward, I'd plan to at the very
least migrate work to a fork of the Apache repo sooner rather than later.
I'm mainly curious if the preference is to see many piecemeal PR's of the
initial implementation, or a large PR when most development is complete,
followed by smaller PR's as the project is hardened.

Cheers,
Duane