activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ Artemis 2.x stream
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 20:24:39 GMT
Agreed that stuff like a new plugin API shouldn't break anything. Things
like that should hopefully just be enhancements and old public APIs would
still work in Artemis.

Also, related to our other thread on importing data, it might be nice to
have a first version of the KahaDB exporter to Artemis XML done in time for
version 2.0.0.  Not sure how the refactoring of encoding of messages will
effect that.

What I have so far is here:
https://github.com/cshannon/activemq-cli-tools/tree/queueExportTest

It's still very rough and isn't done yet but so far I have a unit test test
that does the following:

 -writes 10 text messages to a Queue in a KahaDB store
 -exports the 10 messages to XML
 -creates a new Artemis broker and imports the XML into the Artemis store
 -then creates a new JMS consumer and consumes all 10 messages from the
Artemis broker