activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] ActiveMQ utility project name
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 16:20:15 GMT
On 02/01/2017 09:09 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> +1
>
> Although, can we use the opportunity to go beyond the tools you are
> thinking now?

I'd be careful of the amount of things lumped into one subproject
especially if they are unrelated to the focus of that project as it
drags down the ease of doing quick releases with targeted features.

> there are a couple of other things that would be nice to be shared as
> well. For instance some openwire parsers, some testsuite libraries for
> AMQP that we share with a copy & paste inheritance between artemis and
> activemq.

I'd suggest that anything OpenWire related might be better slotted into
the openwire project that was created previously.  And I'd think long
and hard about how far into the wild we let the AMQP test client bits go
because once it gets into a release outside of a test jar the likely
hood of having to support it to the general public grows.

> I have been thinking also to split docs into a separate repo. We would
> still release docs connected to a version, but we could then make
> changes to docs independently of the release, without having to spin a
> broker release to fix eventual typos on the docs.
>
> So, can we have an extras repo, and have all these as part of the new repo?

Again putting unrelated things into the same subproject complicates the
timing of releases and muddies the focus of the project so I'd shy away
for lumping broker docs into a tooling subproject.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121