activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis 2.0.0 target features
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 16:35:46 GMT
I was not implying that the feature parity with ActiveMQ is a marketing
goal. I just wanted to show a case where typically in companies
marketing pushes for a major release based on a feature set as they
think they can sell it better. As an open source project
ActiveMQ/Artemis has the luxury to not being pushed by marketing.

I currently do not see any bigger breaking API changes but I am not so
much into the Artemis internals. Until now I was only involved in the
OSGi support.

I also think it is very good to talk about the upcoming or planned
features. I would make the list rather small though as in my experience
the actual features going into the code often differ from the plannings
as quite many people are involved at apache projects and the amount of
work they put in often can not be predicted well. So I would only look
one or two minor versions ahead most of the time.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de