activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Web site update
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2016 19:08:27 GMT
@tbish.. haha.  Yeah, the Karaf site can be a bit much, but the use of
color and pictures is good.. lot of other popular open source projects
have similar layouts.. spring.io, etc.

@clebert- IMO the plain apache.org is pretty bland. Prolly one step up
from openbsd.org level blandness ;-) The current Artemis docs have nice
l&f. I agree w/ clean site, but I think we should shoot for better font
usage and at least an updated logo.

A nice logo that looks good as a laptop sticker, backpacks, t-shirts,
etc seems to be attainable.

Others to consider:
wicket.apache.org
spark.apache.org
cassandra.apache.org (meh on the font, but clean look, good use of font
face and font color)
mesos.apache.org
couchdb.apache.org (less karaf'sh, simple layout. good font faces and logo)

-Matt