activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Clebert Suconic <clebert.suco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Artemis plugins ARTEMIS-898
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2016 22:14:57 GMT
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Matt Pavlovich <mattrpav@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not trying to focus on the impl. My goal was to share how users are able

...configure advisories based on a group of destinations....

That to me is very, very specific to ActiveMQ5....
I am not sure you really need that on Artemis, do you?

 and that there is a
> gap in Artemis from a functionality perspective.
>
> Three different things:
>
> 1. The gap of specific Advisories/Notifications in Artemis v ActiveMQ 5
>
> 2. How Advisories/Notifications are implemented in Artemis plugin vs core
> feature.
>
> 3. How Advisories/Notifications are configured in Artemis

That will be a different API, but that's totally possible to receive
notifications:

http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.5.1/management.html

Instead of bringing a new API (Advisory) we could/should look at what
notifications are missing and implement them.

There are a lot of cool *totally* new things I think we should/could
work on. for instance I'm trying to improve / fix message encoding
between different protocols (only re-encode a message when needed),
and making GC closer to zero by always reusing buffers... That will be
a killing feature... I'm not posting a DISCUSS about that yet as I'm
still battling over the code and how I am going to work on that. I
will post about it after my holiday's break.