activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Web site update
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:41:47 GMT
I think the good starting point would be to create a new front page, that
explains what’s this all about and have some links to subprojects,
downloads, news, blogs and stuff. Then we can migrate existing sites to the
new style one by one.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
http://sensatic.net/about

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Matt Pavlovich <mattrpav@gmail.com> wrote:

> @tbish Good point. We'll want to bring NMS, CMS, etc along for sure.
>

> On 12/15/16 2:21 PM, Timothy Bish wrote:
>
>> On 12/15/2016 02:08 PM, Matt Pavlovich wrote:
>>
>>> @tbish.. haha.  Yeah, the Karaf site can be a bit much, but the use of
>>> color and pictures is good.. lot of other popular open source projects have
>>> similar layouts.. spring.io, etc.
>>>
>>> @clebert- IMO the plain apache.org is pretty bland. Prolly one step up
>>> from openbsd.org level blandness ;-) The current Artemis docs have nice
>>> l&f. I agree w/ clean site, but I think we should shoot for better font
>>> usage and at least an updated logo.
>>>
>>> A nice logo that looks good as a laptop sticker, backpacks, t-shirts,
>>> etc seems to be attainable.
>>>
>>> Others to consider:
>>> wicket.apache.org
>>> spark.apache.org
>>> cassandra.apache.org (meh on the font, but clean look, good use of font
>>> face and font color)
>>> mesos.apache.org
>>> couchdb.apache.org (less karaf'sh, simple layout. good font faces and