activemq-dev mailing list archives

From yogu13 <yog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ActiveMQ-5.14.1] QueueBrowser can view messages being processed by consumers which are not yet unacknowledged
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2016 16:55:03 GMT
Hello Matt,

Its a little hard to see which message is stuck when there are tons of
messages in queue with multiple consumers. AFAIK not sure if i we can make
out from message properties that it its currently being processed to declare
it "stuck".

We recently moved away from Application Server specific JMS (Weblogic/JBoss)
to ActiveMQ. We have a usecase to determine messages which have not been
consumed from queue beyond a time limit (to make sure we achieve our SLA)
and we started noticing messages which are currently being processed are
also picked up and an alert is triggered.

I am not sure if the default behaviour of ActiveMQ has to be changed here as
the API does not talk about how browsers would behave in this particular
scenario. However it would be great if ActiveMQ provides a way of   using
QueueBrowser to get messages which are not consumed and have not entered the
process of consumption.

This would help when one migrates from JMS providers like Weblogic / JBoss.

Regards,
-Yogesh